- Students are required to enroll in the program full time.
- There are 16 seats available each year.
- Program begins in fall term.
- Completion of all program prerequisites and supporting coursework with a letter grade of "C" or better. The required prerequisites must be completed within the past five years.
- Submission of official (unopened) college transcripts for all courses that are to be considered in the awarding of points demonstrating a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or greater. A transcript for all classes taken at CGCC will be produced by Student Services and placed in your application packet; however, you must indicate CGCC on the application form as one of the colleges attended. If you are a CGCC student and have taken classes at Portland Community College (PCC) since fall 2013, you must request an official transcript from PCC.
- Completion of all required forms, including CGCC Admissions form. A checklist of required documents is provided as part of the application packet.
- Attendance at Medical Assisting Orientation.
- Students must have transportation to clinical facilities throughout the Mid-Columbia region for the clinical experiences.
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis)
- MMR (measles [rubeola], mumps, rubella)
- Varicella (aka VZV)
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza - Seasonal. Required only if attending hospital/clinic -based clinical in fall term unless otherwise stated.
Medical Assisting Admissions Application (2017-18)
Student must apply to the medical assisting program by filling out the forms in the Medical Assisting Admissions Application Packet.