Winter Safety Tips for Campus
Winter will be fast approaching and the Safety Committee would like to remind you to be prepared for a safe and accident-free winter. The following list of precautions for your car may help you avoid dangerous winter situations.
- Keep your vehicle winterized especially with proper antifreeze, good wiper blades, good battery, and snow tires or chains
- Keep the gas tank as full as possible
- Carry a winter car kit including matches and candles, first aid kit, shovel, jumper cables, sleeping bag or blankets and even kitty litter for traction
- Keep your cell phone fully charged
- Dress appropriately for the weather conditions and outdoor temperatures
For your personal safety
- Slow down both driving and walking
- Take your time entering and exiting your vehicle. Look for ice patches before you put your foot down.
- Wear proper foot gear. Slick soled shoes and heels are dangerous on ice and snow.
- Check the latest weather information
Before travelling to the college, check for announcements on the radio station, CGCC's web page, or check for a Flash Alert message for any status updates from the college which might affect your travel plans.