Related: General Research Tips, Construct Your Search
Nursing assignments usually require that sources are
1. Where to find articles
- Databases with medical journals
- If full-text isn't available in a database use the button to find a full-text version in another database or request it from another library.
2. Find articles by nurses
- CINAHL's search options include checkboxes to find articles written by nurses. On the Advanced Search screen, look under Limit your results.
- Sometimes the only way to tell if an article is written by a nurse is to open the article and see if it lists the author's credentials.
3. Find items published in the last 5 years
- Catalogs and research databases have options that allow you to specify a date range for your search.
4. Approved nursing journals
- Look at the source of the article (the name of the journal) and check to see if it's on the approved list.
- Not on the approved list? Print out the article and ask your instructor for permission to use the article.