Board Member, CGCC Quality Board of Advisors
Data Center Manager
Ken Patchett is currently the Data Center Manager for Facebook in Prineville, Oregon. Born in Germany, Ken lived in several US states before finally settling in Oregon. His career has spanned disparate industries: from mechanical engineering in a pulp paper manufacturer, to rising through the ranks of Compaq and Microsoft, before being recruited by MSN to initiate their Network Operations team. He was with Google in The Dalles from December 2006 and set up data centers for the company across the US and Asia.
More About Ken
- Grew up on a 900-acre dairy farm in California. His uncle owns an Oregon dairy farm that is part of the Tillamook County Creamery Association.
- Attended New Mexico State University and studied mechanical engineering, drafting and design and played football.
- His first job was with Acrowood, a pulp and paper manufacturer as a design draftsmen. He was mentored into a mechanical engineering position and became field service engineer
- He is a passionate football coach and is dedicated to ensuring that children have an opportunity and understand they all have a chance to do great things in the world.
- Ken, his wife, Audrey, and their five sons love being in the Oregon outdoors.
- His eldest son, Kristopher, serves in the U.S. Air Force and recently returned from a tour in Iraq.