College Now Teachers

High school instructors, once approved by their Principal and Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC), teach College Now courses at their high school(s) and submit student grades to CGCC for credit. There is no compensation from CGCC for teaching these courses.

It is the instructor's responsibility to obtain their Principal's approval to offer the College Now courses at their high school(s).

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I submit grades of my students to CGCC?

Instructors are asked to submit their student's grades online.

Grades are due at the conclusion of your College Now course. If you are teaching a sequence, grades should be submitted at the end of each course within the term.

Students enrolled in a sequence course (such as WR 121, 122) must pass each course with a minimum grade of "C" prior to enrolling in a subsequent level.

It is CGCC's intention that high school students will succeed in their College Now courses, however, should factors impede their success, students should consider withdrawing from the course to avoid receiving a "D" or "F" grade and being placed on academic probation at CGCC.

It is the responsibility of the student to notify their instructor by the stated deadline if they wish to withdraw from a course. The instructor will then notify CGCC's Student Services to withdraw the student. Instructors are encouraged to remind students of the withdrawal deadline. 

How do my students register for the College Now course at CGCC?

Please refer to page 6 of the College Now Student Handbook to read about the College Now registration process.

What are the qualifications needed to teach a College Now course?

To qualify to teach College Now classes, you must meet the same education and training requirements as CGCC instructors in your subject area.

For College Now/Career and Tech Education (CTE) classes this is often an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in the subject area with some work experience in the field, although there are exceptions to these requirements based on the CTE program.

For College Now/Transfer (general education) classes, you must hold a Master's degree in the subject area or have completed 24 graduate credits in the subject area. This standard is used for all CGCC transfer courses and is specifically required by Oregon Administrative Rule (589-007-0200).

What is the approval process to teach a College Now course?

Please refer to page 5 of the College Now Program Handbook to read about the College Now course approval.