Course Number: PE 185K
Transcript Title: Ultimate Disc
Created: June 3, 2013
Updated: June 10, 2016
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 30
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default), P-NP, audit
Repeats available for credit: 2
Provides instruction in skills, drills and game play for the game of Ultimate Disc. Covers rules, strategy team play as well as concepts of team organization. Each student provides appropriate sport clothing for activity – sport shoes or rubber cleats required. Audit available.
- Improve lifelong fitness skills.
- Apply the value and benefits of Ultimate Disc, encompassed by the spirit of the game, to include respect, integrity, responsibility, leadership and teamwork.
- Use skills, terminology and techniques for game play.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Physical skill assessments
- Written exams
Course Activities and Design
- Indoor and/or Outdoor game play
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Warm up and cool down
- Fundamental skills of Ultimate Frisbee
- Play/game strategies
- Safety concepts
- Fundamental, rules, terminology and sportsmanship