10-key for Business
Course Number: OS 131
Transcript Title: 10-key for Business
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: June 10, 2016
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lecture / Lab Hours: 20
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F, P-NP (default), audit
Repeats available for credit: 0
MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores
Develops 10-Key skills by touch with an emphasis on speed and accuracy. Covers the use of electronic printing calculators to solve business and mathematical problems. Prerequisite: MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use proper finger placement on the keypad.
- Enter numbers by touch for speed and accuracy in computation.
- Use electronic printing calculators as efficient business tools.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessments may include: timed performance tests, projects, open-ended assignments, journal reflections, self-assessment, professional plan, group projects, and assignments.
Course Activities and Design
Activities may include: group discussions, reflections, quizzes, key terms and assignments, observations, portfolio work collection, final exam, and individual/group report assignment.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
- Proper finger placement
- Subtotal and total
- Constant multiplication, constant division
- Grand total
- Memory plus, memory minus, memory subtotal, and memory total
- Decimal settings
- Item count
- Key addition speed at 120 correct digits per minute (7200 digits per hour) by touch with no errors
- Solve problems using addition and subtraction
- Solve problems using the subtotal and total
- Solve problems using multiplication
- Solve problems using division
- Solve problems using constant multiplication, constant division
- Solve problems using grand total
- Solve problems using memory plus, memory minus, memory subtotal, and memory total
- Solve problems using percent
- Solve problems using equal, equal minus, equal plus
- Solve problems using decimal settings
- Solve problems using item count