Preventive Maintenance/Energy Conservation
Course Number: GT 111
Transcript Title: Prev Maint Energy Conservation
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: April 3, 2015
Total Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 20
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default)
Repeats available for credit: 0
Approved delivery mode: online
Examines the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance program using proven actions and procedures and common computer software. Students will learn how to design, construct, and maintain industrial transfer systems. The emphasis of this course is the application of preventive maintenance strategies to green technology and efficiency. Prerequisites: GT 101.
- Apply preventive maintenance practices to develop a preventive maintenance system and inventory management system using common computer technology (software) to organize and maintain the system.
- Incorporate predictive maintenance procedures into system.
- Operate a modern preventive maintenance system.
- Develop mechanical maintenance procedures and schedules.
- Design an actual preventative maintenance process for a specific piece of equipment commonly found in manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate predictive maintenance and preventative maintenance and their advantages and disadvantages to the production process in manufacturing.
- Develop green maintenance systems.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Intelitek on-line activities including end of section tests and final evaluation.
- Instructor generated evaluation including tests and projects.
- Hands on evaluation.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Safety in the Workplace
- Troubleshooting, Repairing and Maintaining Industrial Systems
- Preventive, Predictive and Breakdown Maintenance
- Logistics and Operations of Preventive Maintenance with Mechanical Systems
- Green Maintenance Concepts and Principles
- Green Systems Maintenance
- Laser Alignment Principles
- Vibration Analysis
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Inventory Control