Cooperative Education: Business Experience Seminar
Course Number: BA 280B
Transcript Title: CE: Bus Experience - Sem
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: June 19, 2015
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 10
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F, P-NP (default), audit
Repeats available for credit: 0
Instructor permission required
Supplements on-the-job experience through feedback sessions, instruction in job-related areas, and linkages to the student's on-campus program. Co-requisite: BA 280A Prerequisite: Instructor permission required.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare a portfolio for job seeking, potentially to include a resume,answers to popular job interview questions, a cover letter, job search plan, and/or other job seeking resources.
- Write a job description.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems at work.
- Apply time management skills.
- Apply appropriate on-the-job stress management techniques.
- Evaluate how the field experience relates to one's personal assessment of career choice.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment may include: performance in class seminar evaluation, journaling, reports, class participation and assignments.
Course Activities and Design
Course activities may include: task performance activities, presentation, discussions of current on-the-job experiences, job search skills presentation.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Workplace maturity skills (time management, dealing with workplace stress and problems)
- Writing a resume
- Writing job descriptions