Community Education Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to register for a free class?

Yes. You must register even for free classes, we need to stay within class size limits. Learn more: registration process

How do I register a complaint about a class?

Contact the Community Education administrator directly, call (541) 506-6123, to discuss your situation, or complete a customer satisfaction survey.

How do I register for a Community Education class?

Register Online (learn more: registration process)

By Phone: Call (541) 506-6011

By Mail or Fax
CGCC registration form
400 East Scenic Drive
The Dalles, OR 97058-3434
Fax: (541) 298-3104

In Person: Visit either campus: The Dalles Campus or Hood River - Indian Creek Campus

I had a family emergency that prevented me from completing a class, can I get a refund for the class?

You can petition for a refund by contacting the Community Education administrator at (541) 506-6123.

If I drop a course, can I get a refund?

Yes, as long as you drop it by the refund date.

If I miss the first class, will I be automatically dropped from the course?

No. The only way you will be dropped from a Community Education class is if you ask to be dropped, or drop the class using MyCGCC. You will be responsible for paying for the class unless you drop it by the refund date.

If I never attend a class I register for, do I still have to pay for it?

Yes, unless you officially drop the class by the refund date for that class.