||Home > Resources for Students > Design a Course of Action|
Career Center Computer Programs
Now look at your list of career options in light of what you have learned to this point. Are your top career options consistent with your personal values, skills, interests, and life style? Are compromises necessary for you to meet your career goals?
Now that you have studied the results of your work for this class and weighted your list of career options, complete the Provisional Career Outline by answering the following questions. Remember: Answer each part of the question:
1. What are your life goals and career goals? Be specific in your response. Put a name to the position/occupation that you feel fits you best for your goals.
2. Where would you like to live and work? In what setting and geographical area would you be happiest?
3. For whom would you like to work? In what kind of organization would you feel most comfortable? Include elements about what kind of employer (size, purpose, type of work) you will work for and their mission.
4. What would you like the purpose of your work to be? Address your goal in working for such an organization or in such a position. What accomplishments would you like to look back on 10 years from now?
5. What interests and skills would you like to use in your career? Include what assets you will contribute to such an organization. What interests and skills would you like to reserve for your leisure and non-career activities?
6. What conflicts, if any, exist between your life style needs and your career options? For example, if a top need is money, will your career options provide this for you?
Remember, whatever your Next Steps, the counselors and staff in the Career Center are here to help if you need it! Best wishes on your journey . . . . .
© 2010 Columbia Gorge Community College. All rights reserved.
Website feedback ~ archive