Examines the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance program using proven actions and procedures and common computer software. Students will learn how to design, construct, and maintain industrial transfer systems. The emphasis of this course is the application of preventive maintenance strategies to green technology and efficiency.
1. Apply preventive maintenance practices to develop a preventive maintenance system and inventory management system using common computer technology (software) to organize and maintain the system.
2. Incorporate predictive maintenance procedures into system.
3. Operate a modern preventive maintenance system.
4. Develop mechanical maintenance procedures and schedules.
5. Design an actual preventative maintenance process for a specific piece of equipment commonly found in manufacturing processes.
6. Evaluate predictive maintenance and preventative maintenance and their advantages and disadvantages to the production process in manufacturing.
7. Develop green maintenance systems
Outcome Assessment Strategies:
Intelitek on-line activities including end of section tests and final evaluation.
Instructor generated evaluation including tests and projects.
Hands on evaluation.
Text & Materials: (suggested and/or required)
Course Activities & Design:
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues, and Skills):
Safety in the Workplace
Troubleshooting, Repairing and Maintaining Industrial Systems
Preventive, Predictive and Breakdown Maintenance
Logistics and Operations of Preventive Maintenance with Mechanical Systems