Students will practice small group communication by participation in group discussions, readings, and written exercises. Attention to organization and conduct of problem-solving groups and learning. Emphasis is on, (1) learning how to enhance group communication, to deal effectively with conflict and to apply problem-solving techniques and (2) developing attitudes and skills applicable to leadership and successful participation in the workplace.
1. Explain and apply different small group communication theories
2. Understand and demonstrate how to work in small groups to identify problems and implement solutions
3. Explain different strategies for addressing conflicts in groups
4. Demonstrate group leadership
5. Demonstrate responsibility as a group/ team member
6. Discuss the importance of small group skills and knowledge related to workplace and civic activities
7. Demonstrate knowledge of basic principles and theories related to small group communication
Outcome Assessment Strategies:
Intelitek on-line activities including end of section tests and final evaluation.
Instructor generated evaluation including tests and projects.
Hands on evaluation.
Text & Materials: (suggested and/or required)
Course Activities & Design:
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues, and Skills):